Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where I have been

One odd thing about this new blog is that I am not officially signed up with Blog365, which makes me less spastic about making sure I post every day. I know I should be anyway. But I am busy busy busy. Plus privacy issues related to the place I live plus my determination to keep my anonymity this time causes me some confusion about what to post. I am choosing not to over-analyze today.

I spent the weekend at my brother's house. I do not have authorization to post pictures of my brother Buzz, his wife Leta, and their son Liam. But here is their fireplace, which has, I am almost certain, no right to privacy.



I also finished my kitchen, but you've already seen pictures of that. You probably have not seen, however, my new knitting/yoga area. It is the landing of third floor. It used to look like this:




Now it looks like this:



Here is my yarn stash:



Yes, that is a canvas shoe holder. Yes, I am working with what I have. Yes, this place is far more livable now that it's clean. And yes, the pool table is now usable.



Today marks the end of the "Make situation livable" initiative. Tomorrow, I will describe my next initiative: the "Aelalea Reclamation Project." (Just throw in my old name there if you are still thinking of me in that way). (I still think of me in that way most of the time too).

Have a good Wednesday.

7 comments:

Avitable said...

Wow, it seems like you're making huge strides!

Jennifer Griffin-Wiesner said...

Recently I almost left a comment using your old name!

Congrats on the progress. You are one mighty tough chick.

LizLSB said...

You just go right on proving you're a survivor, chickadee.

Kate P said...

That's a great idea for the yarn, IMO. Way to organize & looking forward to hearing more on the next project.

Mr. Bingley said...

you're making great strides!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing Phase One! I bet it feels great to make all that progress. Cheers to you, girlie.